The Online Payments feature allows participants to link one or more bank accounts to Shareworks. This can be used to fund payment for the following: taxes, fees, RSUs or options when completing an exercise or transaction in Shareworks.
If your company has added you to the savings plan setup for online payments, you will see a link to Add Funds when viewing your saving plan.
Alternately, you can add your account by clicking the following: Profile > Manage Deposit Account
There are two options when linking an account:
- Instant Link
- This flow will allow you to enter your online banking credentials and then use your account to immediately add funds to your Shareworks account.
- Some financial institutions are not supported, if you are unable to find your bank or receive an error attaching your account, you will need to utilize the Manual Link method.
- Manual Link (3-4 business days)
- Once you manually input your banking information, it will trigger Shareworks to transmit 2 small deposit requests to your bank.
- Once the requests are received, you will need to log back into Shareworks in order to confirm the amounts and complete the process of attaching the account.
- The manual process typically takes 3-4 business days.
- It is recommended that this be done well in advance of any exercise deadlines to ensure the process is completed before the funds are required.
Instant Link step-by-step tutorial
Step 1: Select continue at the pop up shown below.
Step 2: Search for or select the appropriate bank.
Step 3: Sign in and select the account you wish to link.
Step 4: Once the account is linked you can elect to send funds immediately or choose Skip and add funds later.
Step 5: If funds have been added, check for the green banner message for your confirmation.
Manual Link step-by-step tutorial
Step 1: Select account type and enter banking details.
Step 2: Review your details and the summary of the next steps in the pop up provided.
Step 3: If funds have been added, check for the green banner message for your confirmation that the testing is pending.
- You will receive notification within 3-4 days to return to the account to complete linking your account.
Step 4: Once you have received the notification to complete the process, you will need to complete the verification. You will: a ) click the "Verify Deposits" button and then b) input the deposits that they received in their bank account.
Step 5: Check for the banner at the top of the screen to confirm the deposits have been received in the bank account.
Step 6: At this point, the account is linked and you can now add funds.