A stock option is a right to purchase company shares at a specific price, usually after a period of
time (vesting). Stock Option exercises may only be requested through your Shareworks account.
To Exercise Your Stock Options
- Sign into your Shareworks account
- Click the Portfolio tab
- Select the Stock Options and Awards tab
- Locate the Options grant you would like to exercise
- Select the Exercise link on the right
- Select the type of exercise you would like to use and click Continue
- Enter the number of shares you would like to transact in the Exercise Quantity field and click Continue
- Select the Delivery Instructions
- Review the Exercise Direction Form and click Accept
- Accept the Online Disclaimer
- Click Submit Exercise
Your exercise will now show under the Activity tab.
A banner at the top of the screen will appear if you are currently in a blackout period.
Your stock options will generally expire if you remain an active employee. However, upon termination, you will usually have a set period of time to exercise your outstanding vested options or they will be forfeited. Please refer to the expiry date in Shareworks after termination. If your expiry falls on a non-trading day, you must exercise no later than market close on the trading day prior to your expiration date.